Sierra Air Mechanical’s highly trained, licensed, and bonded professional team is happy to provide residential boiler system installation, as well as boiler system repair, maintenance, and replacement to GTA residents. A properly maintained boiler will keep your home comfortable, air quality high, and energy costs down.
Boilers heat your home by producing hot water or steam, and are powered by natural gas. The gas heats water, which then travels through your home through pipes in order to provide heating via radiators, returning to the boiler. Boilers are manually controlled using a thermostat.
There are several different types of boilers that are commonly used, including:
- Combination Boiler: This boiler is a combination of a central heater, and a high-efficiency water heater. These boilers heat water directly from the main pipes, eliminating the need for hot or cold water tanks, or water heaters. Combination boilers are energy-efficient, and cost-effective. They are great options for residential boiler systems as they are compact.
- System Boiler: Unlike the combination boiler, the system boiler does require a cylinder for hot water storage. There is still no need for a water tank though, as the boiler incorporates heating and hot water systems. System boilers are easy to install, and great for homes with less space as they don’t take up too much room. They are also highly energy efficient and compatible with solar powered heating systems.
- Regular or Conventional Boilers: Regular boilers need both a cold water tank and a hot water cylinder, and are best suited to homes that already have conventional heating and hot water systems installed. If your home has an older radiator system, a conventional boiler may be the best replacement, if needed.
At Sierra Air, we can help you choose the best boiler option for your home, as well as providing expert boiler installation and maintenance. By setting up a regular boiler maintenance schedule with us, you can save money that may have otherwise been spent on costly repairs and replacements, as well as saving on energy and gas costs.
Canadian winters make properly-functioning boilers a necessity. Our expert team is available year-round, round-the-clock for home boiler repairs, maintenance, and replacements. We are available to help GTA residents with home boiler installation, as well as troubleshooting and repairs. Common issues with residential boiler systems include:
- No heat or hot water: This is one of the most common, and the most urgent issues with home boilers. This is often a problem with the thermostat, or water levels, but may also be a mechanical issue, such as a broken airlock or valve.
- Unusual noises: Any strange noises coming from your boiler, such as whistling, gurgling, or banging, can indicate air in the system, low water pressure, or pump failure. If you have an older system that’s functioning poorly, we can provide boiler replacements.
- Thermostat problems: A thermostat that isn’t functioning properly can be responsible for a lot of issues with boiler heating. A malfunctioning thermostat can be repaired, but sometimes it’s better to just replace it.
- Leaking and/or dripping water: Broken boiler components can cause boiler leaks or drips. Leaking can also be caused by corrosion, wear and tear, or an improperly fitted system. If your boiler is leaking, it’s extremely important you contact a professional to repair it.
Boiler problems can be prevented by scheduling regular boiler maintenance. For all aspects of your home boiler system, including installation, repairs, replacement, and maintenance, our expert team of professionals at Sierra Air is dedicated to providing superior service. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation estimate.