At Sierra Air Mechanical we are pleased to provide expert, professional home furnace installation, maintenance, and repair to the residents of the Greater Toronto Area. Our technicians are all fully licensed and bonded, and dedicated to providing excellent service.
A furnace is a centralized heating system that distributes heat through your home via air, steam, or hot water. The furnace is a large, centralized appliance that can be combined with other climate control systems to make up a larger HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system.
Furnaces in North America are most commonly powered by natural gas, though boilers (powered by steam or hot water) are also often used. A boiler will also provide hot water to the rest of the home, rather than using a gas furnace, which will require a separate water heater.
The conventional gas furnace used commonly is a large appliance that takes in cold air, cleans it with an air filter, heats it with a gas burner, and redistributes the air through the home.
A properly maintained, energy-efficient furnace can help make your home more environmentally friendly, as well as saving you money on energy and gas costs. Sierra Air provides furnace repair and maintenance year-round to ensure you’re never left out in the cold.
Our technicians are prepared to help you through every step of furnace installation, maintenance, and repair. There are many different types of furnaces so we can help you choose which heating system is best for your home.
Over time, providing regular furnace maintenance is key to keeping costly repair or replacement costs down, as well as keeping bills low and conserving energy. Setting up a regular furnace maintenance program with our expert technicians will help you keep your furnace functioning better and longer.
Common furnace problems include:
- Furnace not heating up enough, or heating up too much: This could mean an issue with the thermostat, blocked filters, or a furnace that isn’t the right size for the space.
- Uneven heating: Improperly functioning air flow, or drafts in the home can mean some rooms are warmer than others.
- The furnace makes a lot of noise: This can mean a number of things, including mechanical problems and should definitely be attended to.
- Furnace turning off and on frequently: This can mean the air filter is clogged and the air is causing the furnace to overheat.
- The furnace doesn’t turn on at all: This can also mean a variety of things, including a problem with the thermostat or pilot light/ignition.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: A thermostat that isn’t functioning properly, or has faulty sensors can cause all sorts of problems when it comes to home heating.
If you are experiencing any of the above problems, or any other home furnace issues, it’s very important to contact a professional. Furnaces that are improperly maintained and neglected can have lots of negative effects, such as poor air quality, bad energy efficiency, or even carbon monoxide leaks.
The professional team at Sierra Air Mechanical is highly trained to handle any home furnace repairs needed, as well as to provide superior home heating installation. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation estimate.