- Air Conditioning
At Sierra Air Mechanical, we are pleased to provide the following residential air conditioning services to the Greater Toronto Area:
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Service and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Repairs and Replacements
We know how important properly working air conditioning is, especially during the hot summer months in Ontario. Our Sierra Air team is fully licensed and bonded, and dedicated to providing excellent, thorough service for all your residential air conditioning needs.
Sierra Air provides the best AC units and parts, as well as regular service, maintenance, and repairs. Over time, wear and tear can damage residential air conditioning systems. By having one of our experts install your AC unit, and help you create a regular maintenance program, you can prolong the life of your residential air conditioning system, avoid costly repairs and replacements, and cut down hydro costs.
With the proper care, your air conditioning unit should last 10 to 15 years before needing to be replaced. However, air conditioning systems can easily break down without proper maintenance, leading to costly repairs, as well as time and energy spent. Our expert team can provide the necessary service and maintenance to keep your air conditioning running smoothly, and last longer.
Here are some common air conditioning problems that can be avoided with correct maintenance, or repaired by one of our team:
- Clogged filter: A dirty or clogged AC filter, or dirty coils, are a consequence of poor air conditioner maintenance. Filters should be changed regularly in order to avoid system failure, poor function, or premature fan or compressor failure.
- Thermostat sensor problems: The sensors on your thermostat are responsible for measuring the temperature of the air coming in. If there is an issue with your sensors, or the thermostat itself, then the AC unit will not function properly.
- Draining problems: The weather in Southern Ontario can get very humid. Humidity can cause the outside drain of your AC system to become clogged, impairing AC function.
- Electric control failure: Any issues with the electrical components, such as the fan controller of your AC unit, can cause the system to fail. A good way to avoid problems with the electrical components, and any wiring, is to make sure your air conditioning installation is performed by an expert technician.
- Leaks: If your air conditioning fluid (called refrigerant) becomes low, that indicates a leak in the system, which should be repaired by a professional as soon as possible. Simply adding more refrigerant is not a solution!
At Sierra Air Mechanical, we make it our mission to provide excellent, highly skilled air conditioner installation, maintenance, and repair. Nearly all AC problems are caused by incorrect installation, poor service, and infrequent or inadequate maintenance. By choosing our experienced team of technicians for your air conditioning installation, service, and maintenance, you can prolong the life of your residential AC system, as well as be sure you have the best possible air quality in your home and are keeping energy costs low.